Defra will be visiting quaysides up and down the country this month to talk about the Joint Fisheries Statement consultation, and what it means for those in the industry and the management of fisheries.
The dates, times and locations of the roadshow are as follows…
- North Shields – Fish Quay Market boardroom (3-5pm)
- North Shields Fish market (7.30-9am)
- Whitby – Whitby Fishing School (2:30-5pm)
- Rye Harbour (10-1pm)
- Hastings (2:30-5pm)
- Newhaven (11:30-1:30pm)
- Eastbourne (3-6pm)
- Southwold (9-11am)
- Lowestoft (4-6pm)
- Harwich (9-11am)
- West Mersea (4-6pm)
- Whitehaven quayside (9-12pm)
- Maryport quayside (2-5pm)
- Barrow-in-Furness venue tbc (10-11am)
- Fleetwood venue tbc (2-4pm)
- Scarborough venue tbc (10-11.30am)
- Bridlington venue tbc (1:45-3:15pm)
- Grimsby fish market (9-10.30am)
- Newlyn Harbour (9:15-11am)
Defra will also be visiting Hayle, St Ives, Mevagissey, Brixham, Salcombe, Lyme Regis, Weymouth, West Bay, Poole and Mudeford, with times yet to be confirmed.
Defra has said it would like to speak to as many people as possible from the fishing industry and associated supply chains throughout the roadshow to discuss the Joint Fisheries Statement consultation. Find out more, including further details of where you can meet Defra throughout the roadshow, by emailig JFS@Defra.gov.uk.
This story was taken from the latest issue of Fishing News. For more up-to-date and in-depth reports on the UK and Irish commercial fishing sector, subscribe to Fishing News here or buy the latest single issue for just £3.30 here.