THE MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009 AND THE MARINE WORKS (ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT) REGULATIONS 2007 (as amended)
APPLICATION FOR: MARINE LICENCE
Notice is hereby given that CEMEX UK Marine Ltd, Baltic Wharf, Marine Parade, Southampton, SO14 5JF, has applied to the Marine Management Organisation to undertake a regulated activity under Part 4 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009.
The application is for a marine licence to dredge marine aggregates from the Area 458/464 Bassurelle Extension, off the coast of East Sussex. The applicant proposes to extract a total of 45,000,000 tonnes of aggregate over a period of 15 years, with a maximum total single year extraction of 3,000,000 tonnes. The proposed extraction area is located approximately 29km offshore of Eastbourne, East Sussex.
A copy of the application and environmental statement, or as the case may be, supplementary information is available for inspection during normal office hours for free at Eastbourne Library for a period of 42 days from the date of the first notice (23/08/2018)
Copies of the environmental statement may also be inspected free of charge and by prior appointment at the offices of the Marine Management Organisation, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Copies of the environmental statement or environmental statement supplementary information may be viewed on line in the Public Register at www.gov.uk/check-marine-licence-register
Representations in respect of the application should ordinarily be made by:
- Visiting the MMO public register at https://marinelicensing.marinemanagement.org.uk/mmofox5/fox/live/MMO_PUBLIC_REGISTER/search?area=3 and accessing the `make a comment? section of case reference MLA/2018/00323;
However, we will also accept representations via the following formats:
- By email to email@example.com; or alternatively
- By letter addressed to Marine Management Organisation, Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YH
In all cases, correspondence must:
- Be received within 42 days of the date of the first notice (23/08/2018);
- Quote the case reference; and
- include an address to which correspondence relating to the representation or objection may be sent.
The Marine Management Organisation will pass to the applicant a copy of any objection or representation we receive.