BERWICK BANK WIND FARM LIMITED
ELECTRICITY ACT 1989, MARINE (SCOTLAND) ACT 2010, MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009, THE ELECTRICITY (APPLICATIONS FOR CONSENT) REGULATIONS 1990, THE ELECTRICITY WORKS (ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT) (SCOTLAND) REGULATIONS 2017, THE MARINE WORKS (ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT) (SCOTLAND) REGULATIONS 2017, THE MARINE WORKS (ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT) REGULATIONS 2007
Notice is hereby given that Berwick Bank Wind Farm Limited, registered under company registration SC721781 at Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, Scotland, PH1 3AQ, has applied to the Scottish Ministers for:
- consent under section 36 of the Electricity Act 1989; and
- marine licences under section 20 of the Marine (Scotland) Act 2010 and section 65 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009.
to construct and operate an offshore wind farm (including associated transmission assets) located within the Outer Firth of Forth approximately 37.8 km east of St. Abbs, Scottish Borders and 47.6km east of the East Lothian coastline with a total area of 1,178.1 km2 (central latitude and longitude co-ordinates: 56° 18.312’ N., 001° 36.131’W (WGS84)). The installed capacity of the proposed generating station would be approximately 4100 MW comprising of up to 307 turbines with a maximum rotor tip height of 355 metres above Lowest Astronomical Tide (LAT).
The proposed development is subject to an environmental impact assessment (“EIA”) under the EIA regulations listed above.
Notice is hereby given that Berwick Bank Wind Farm Limited has submitted additional information relative to the above EIA application to the Scottish Ministers. This includes information relating to marine mammals, ornithology and the derogation case.
Copies of the additional information are available for public inspection in person, free of charge, during normal office/ opening hours at:
- East Lothian Council Headquarters – John Muir House, Brewery Park, Haddington, EH41 3HA (Open Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5pm and Friday, 9am – 4pm).
- Dundee City Council – Dundee House, 50 North Lindsay Street, Dundee, DD1 1QE (Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am – 5pm and Wednesday, 9.30am – 5pm).
- Scottish Borders Council Headquarters – Newtown St. Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA (Open Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5pm and Friday, 9am – 4pm).
- Angus Council – Orchardbank Business Park, Orchardbank, Forfar, Angus, DD8 1AN (Open Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm).
- Fife Council – Methil Customer Service Centre and Library, Wellesey Road, Methil, Fife, KY8 3PA (Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am – 12pm and Wednesday, 10am – 12pm and 1pm – 5pm).
An electronic copy will also be made available (via an Tablet (Ipad)) at:
- Dunbar Library, Bleachingfield Community Centre, Dunbar, EH42 1DX (Open Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm, Wednesday, 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm and Thursday, 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 7pm).
The EIA report can also be viewed online at https://marine.gov.scot/ml/berwick-bank-offshore-wind-farm and https://www.berwickbank.com. Copies of the EIA report may also be obtained from Berwick Bank Wind Farm Limited (tel: 07384 798 101) at a charge of £150 hard copy and £10 on CD/USB stick (including post and packaging).
Any representations should be made to the Scottish Ministers in writing by email to: ms. firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Scottish Government, Marine Directorate – Licensing Operations Team, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB, identifying the proposed development and specifying grounds for the representation, not later than 3 October 2023. The Scottish Ministers may however consider representations received after this date. Representations should be dated and should clearly state the name (in block capitals) and the email or postal address of those making representation.
Any subsequent submission of additional information by Berwick Bank Wind Farm Limited to the Scottish Ministers will be publicised in a similar manner to this, including publication on the above websites and in a further public notice. Representations relative to such information should be made on the same basis as detailed above.
Where the Scottish Ministers decide to exercise their discretion to do so, the Scottish Ministers may cause a Public Local Inquiry (“PLI”) to be held.
Having considered the applications and the above legislation together with any representations received, the Scottish Ministers may:-
- Consent to the proposed development, with or without conditions attached; or
- Reject the proposed development.
All previous representations received in relation to this development will be considered.
Fair Processing Notice
The Scottish Government’s Marine Directorate – Licensing Operations Team (previously known as Marine Scotland – Licensing Operations Team) (“MD-LOT”) determine applications for marine licences under the Marine (Scotland) Act 2010 and the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 and section 36 consents under The Electricity Act 1989. During the consultation process any person having an interest in the outcome of the application may make representation to MD-LOT. The representation may contain personal information, for example a name or address. This representation will only be used for the purpose of determining an application and will be stored securely in the Scottish Government’s official corporate record. Representations will be shared with the applicant and/or agent acting on behalf of the applicant, any people or organisations that we consult in relation to the application, the Directorate of Planning and Environmental Appeals should the Scottish Ministers call a PLI and, where necessary, be published online, however personal information will be removed before sharing or publishing.
A full privacy notice can be found at: https://www.gov.scot/ publications/marine-licensing-and- consenting-privacy-notice/. If you are unable to access this, or you have any queries or concerns about how your personal information will be handled, contact MD-LOT at: email@example.com or MD-LOT, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB.