MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009
APPLICATION FOR MLA/2022/00385 – KELPING THE SEA
Notice is hereby given that Luke Moir, 85 Guild House, Farnsby Street, SN1 5AH has applied to the Marine Management Organisation under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, Part 4, for a marine licence to undertake the deposit of up to ten substrate structures, wrapped in seeded rope for kelp growth and recruitment, in order to determine the feasibility of kelp restoration.
Copies of the application and associated information may be viewed online in the Public Register at www.gov.uk/check- marine-licence-register.
Representations in respect of the application should ordinarily be made by:
- Visiting the MMO public register at https:// marinelicensing. marinemanagement.org.uk/ mmofox5/fox/ live/MMO_ PUBLIC_REGISTER/search?area=3 and accessing the `Public Representation’ section of case reference MLA/2022/00385;
However, we will also accept representations via the following formats:
- By email to marine.consents@ marinemanagement.org.uk; or alternatively
- By letter addressed to Marine Management Organisation, Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YH
In all cases, correspondence must:
- Be received within 28 days of the date of the first notice (1);
- Quote the case reference; and
- – include an address to which correspondence relating to the representation or objection may be sent.
The Marine Management Organisation will pass to the applicant a copy of any objection or representation we receive.