SECTION 153 OF THE PLANNING ACT 2008
REGULATION 6 OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (CHANGES TO, AND REVOCATION OF, DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDERS) REGULATIONS 2011
NOTICE OF APPLICATION TO MAKE A NON-MATERIAL CHANGE TO THE FOLLOWING DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER:
THE NORFOLK VANGUARD OFFSHORE WIND FARM ORDER 2022 (SI 2022/138)
- An application has been made by Norfolk Vanguard Limited and Norfolk Vanguard East Limited (the Applicant) to the Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero to make a non-material change to the Norfolk Vanguard Offshore Wind Farm Order 2022 (the Order) (Application). The contact details of the Applicant are: Norfolk Vanguard Limited and Norfolk Vanguard East Limited, both of, 5th Floor 70, St Mary Axe, London, United Kingdom, EC3A 8BE and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Order granted consent on 11 February 2022 for the development of an offshore wind farm comprising two distinct areas, NV East and NV West, which are located in the southern North Sea, approximately, 70km and 47km from the coast of Norfolk respectively (at the nearest points) (the Project). The Project, located in the southern North Sea, covers an area of approximately 828km2. Offshore cables transmitting power from the Project make landfall south of Happisburgh. From there underground cables continue approximately 60km to an onshore project substation, and connect into the National Grid substation near Necton, Norfolk. A non- material change to the Order was approved by the Secretary of State on 28 September 2022, which removed the capacity limit for the Project.
- As part of the detailed design process, it has been determined that the bundled marine cables will need to be separated at an offshore location within the Order limits and pulled through separate ducts. This will ensure the cables do not overheat. To facilitate this, the Application seeks to make a non-material change to amend the Order to increase the number of cable ducts at the landfall site from two to four. The non-material change will also seek to increase the number of reserve drills from one to two in case of drill failure. The Application does not seek to make any other changes offshore and therefore no changes to the Projects Deemed Marine Licences are required.
- The Application documents will be accessible free of charge electronically at the National Infrastructure Planning Portal (under Norfolk Vanguard, Documents, Documents Published By Stage “Decided”, Non-Material Change): https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/eastern/norfolk-vanguard/?ipcsection=d ocs&stage=7&filter1=Non-Material+Change.
- The latest date that these documents will be available for inspection is 23:59 on 29 August 2023.
- Any enquiries on the documents can be sent to the Applicant by emailing the Stakeholder Engagement Team on email@example.com or by calling 0800 019 3517. Paper copies can be requested from the Applicant by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org but will be subject to a maximum charge of £150 for each copy.
- To benefit the environment, it is preferable for any representation about the application to be sent by email to the Planning Inspectorate at NorfolkVanguard@planninginspectorate.gov.uk. Alternatively, in writing to: National Infrastructure Planning, The Planning Inspectorate, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square Temple Quay Bristol BS1 6PN. The Planning Inspectorate reference for the Application (EN010079) should be quoted in any correspondence. If you have difficulty in submitting a representation, please contact NorfolkVanguard@planninginspectorate.gov.uk or 0303 444 5000 and a member of the Planning Inspectorate’s case team will be able to assist.
- Please note that any representations received by the Planning Inspectorate in response to the consultation will be handled in compliance with the United Kingdom’s General Data Protection Regulation and published on the relevant page of the Planning Inspectorate’s Infrastructure Planning Portal (https://infrastructure. planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/eastern/norfolk%20-%20Vanguard/) with all personal information removed.
- The deadline for the receipt of representations in relation to the Application is 23:59 on 29 August 2023.
Norfolk Vanguard Limited and Norfolk Vanguard East Limited