DOGGER BANK WIND FARMS
SECTION 153 OF THE PLANNING ACT 2008
REGULATION 6 OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (CHANGES TO, AND REVOCATION OF, DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDERS) REGULATIONS 2011
NOTICE OF APPLICATION TO MAKE A NON-MATERIAL CHANGE TO THE FOLLOWING DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER:
THE DOGGER BANK TEESSIDE A AND B OFFSHORE WIND FARM ORDER 2015 (SI 2015/1592) AS AMENDED BY THE DOGGER BANK TEESSIDE A AND B OFFSHORE WIND FARM AMENDMENT ORDER 2019 (SI 2019/699)
- An application has been made by Doggerbank Offshore Wind Farm Project 3 Projco Limited to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to make a non-material change to the above mentioned Development Consent Order (the DCO).
- The DCO granted development consent to Doggerbank Project 2 Bizco Limited for ‘Project A’ and Doggerbank Project 3 Bizco Limited for ‘Project B’ – two offshore wind turbine generating stations each comprising up to 200 wind turbine generators and associated development in the Dogger Bank Zone and the Borough of Redcar and Cleveland. Doggerbank Project 2 Bizco Limited has been renamed at Companies House as Doggerbank Offshore Wind Farm Project 3 Projco Limited (Project 3 Projco) and Doggerbank Project 3 Bizco Limited has been renamed at Companies House as Sofia Offshore Wind Farm Limited (SOWFL). SOWFL has renamed Project B to Sofia Offshore Wind Farm (Sofia). This application is made by Project 3 Projco and relates only to Project A.
- The application seeks to make non-material changes to the drafting of the DCO to increase the maximum hammer energy for monopiles from 3,000 kJ to 4,000 kJ for the wind turbine generators within Project A.
- The application documents are available for inspection on the National Infrastructure Planning Portal (Dogger Bank Teesside A and B Offshore Wind Farm page) here: https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/yorkshire-and-the-humber/dogger-bank-teesside-a-sofia-offshore-wind-farm-formerlydogger-bank-teesside-b-project-previously-known-as-dogger-bank-teesside-ab/?ipcsection=overview. Click on the Documents tab and then click on Decided in the documents navigation area. They are also available on the project websites at: https://doggerbank.com/nmc-application/
- A free digital or paper copy of the application documents can also be obtained using the following contact details: Doggerbank Offshore Wind Farm Project 3 Projco Limited at No. 1 Forbury Place 43 Forbury Road, Reading, United Kingdom, RG1 3JH or at DBCconsents@doggerbankwindfarms.com or on 0141 224 7305.
- Please send any representations about the application by email to the Planning Inspectorate at DBTeessideAB@planninginspectorate.gov.uk or in writing to: Major Applications & Plans, The PlanningInspectorate, Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN. Please quote reference [Dogger Bank Teesside A] on any correspondence. Please note that any representations received by the Planning Inspectorate in response to the consultation will be handled in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and published on the Planning Inspectorate’s Infrastructure Planning Portal (https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk) with all personal information removed.
- The deadline for receipt of representations is 29th July 2020.
Doggerbank Offshore Wind Farm Project 3 Projco Limited