REGULATION 6 OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (CHANGES TO, AND REVOCATION OF, DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDERS) REGULATIONS 2011
NOTICE OF APPLICATION TO MAKE A NON-MATERIAL CHANGE TO THE FOLLOWING DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER:
The East Anglia ONE Offshore Wind Farm Order 2014 (as amended) (SI 2014/1599 and SI 2016/447) (2014 Order (as amended)
1. An application has been made by East Anglia ONE Ltd (EAOL) to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to make a non-material change to the 2014 Order (as amended) (Application). The contact details of the Applicant are: East Anglia ONE Limited, 9th Floor, 320 Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5AD and email@example.com.
2. The 2014 Order granted development consent to EAOL for an offshore wind farm with a gross electrical output capacity of 1,200 megawatts (MW) located approximately 43.4 km off the coast of Suffolk. The East Anglia ONE Offshore Wind Farm (Corrections and Amendments) Order 2016 was granted on 24 March 2016 to correct certain errors in the 2014 Order and to allow the option to construct either a wind farm of up to 750 MW with a High Voltage Alternating Current (HVAC) transmission system comprising up to 150 Wind Turbine Generators (WTGs) or a wind farm of 1,200 MW with a High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission system comprising up to 240 WTGs. The HVAC option for 750 MW included an allowance over the anticipated export capacity of 714 MW to account for transmission losses. EAOL selected the HVAC transmission system for EA ONE. The construction of the offshore works for EA ONE were completed in October 2020. All 102 WTGs are now installed and operating, generating power which is transmitted to the associated onshore substation at Bramford, Suffolk.
3. The application seeks to make a non-material change to the authorised project to reduce the maximum number of WTGs consented for the HVAC option under the 2014 Order (as amended) to reflect the number of WTGs installed at EA ONE and a number of the WTGs’parameters comprising their height (when measured from Lowest Astronomical Tide (LAT) to the tip of the vertical blade), their hub height (when measured from LAT to the centreline), their rotor diameter and their clearance height (from Mean High Water Springs (MHWS) to the lowest point of the rotating blade). No other changes to the offshore or onshore elements of the project within the DCO and/or DMLs are sought.
4. The Application documents can be accessed at the following locations for review:
• The National Infrastructure Planning Portal here: https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/eastern/east-anglia-one-offshore-windfarm/;
• The Scottish Power Renewables Website here: https://www.scottishpowerrenewables.com/pages/east_anglia_one.aspx; and
• OrbisEnergy office: – OrbisEnergy, Wilde Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1XH (Tel: 01502 563368).
5. The latest date that these documents will be available for inspection is 11.59pm, 25th May 2021.
6. A free digital copy of the Application can be obtained from the Applicant using the contact details provided above. Alternatively, a paper copy can be obtained from the Applicant which can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07738 063259.
7. Due to ongoing restrictions imposed as a result of COVID-19, it is preferable for any representation about the application to be sent by email to the Planning Inspectorate at email@example.com. Alternatively, in writing to: National Infrastructure Planning, The Planning Inspectorate, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square Temple Quay Bristol BS1 6PN. Please quote reference “East Anglia ONE (ENO10025)” on any correspondence. Please note that due to ongoing Government guidance relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Planning Inspectorate’s office based at Temple Quay House is now closed and any submissions sent by post may be subject to delay.
8. Please note that any representations received by the Planning Inspectorate in response to the consultation will be handled in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and published on the Planning Inspectorate’s Infrastructure Planning Portal (https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk) with all personal information removed.
9. The deadline for the receipt of representations in relation to the Application is 11.59pm, 25th May 2021.
East Anglia ONE Limited