SECTION 153 OF THE PLANNING ACT 2008
REGULATION 6 OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (CHANGES TO, AND REVOCATION OF, DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDERS) REGULATIONS 2011
NOTICE OF APPLICATION TO MAKE A NON-MATERIAL CHANGE TO THE FOLLOWING DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER:
THE DOGGER BANK TEESSIDE A AND B OFFSHORE WIND FARM ORDER 2015 (SI 2015/1592)
- An application has been made by Sofia Offshore Wind Farm Limited to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to make a non-material change to the above mentioned Development Consent Order (DCO). The contact details of the Applicant are: Sofia Offshore Wind Farm Limited, Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon, Wiltshire, England, SN5 6PB. Tel: 0330 122 9670. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The DCO granted development consent to Dogger Bank Project 3 Bizco Limited for ‘Project B’ – an offshore wind turbine generating station with a gross electrical output of 1.2 gigawatts comprising up to 200 wind turbine generators (WTGs) and associated development. Dogger Bank Project 3 Bizco Limited has been renamed at Companies House as Sofia Offshore Wind Farm Limited. The Applicant therefore has the benefit of development consent for Project B. The Applicant has renamed Project B to Sofia Offshore Wind Farm (Sofia).
- The application seeks to make a non-material change to the authorised project in Schedule 1, Part 1 of the DCO to allow each Sofia WTG to have a maximum rotor diameter of “up to 288 metres” rather than “up to 215 metres”; to enable single pile Sofia WTGs to employ a maximum hammer energy of up to 5500kj during installation; to add an option for the Sofia offshore platforms to be fixed to the seabed using monopole foundations as well as multi-leg or gravity base type foundations; to enable Sofia offshore platforms using monopole foundations to employ a hammer energy of up to 5500kj during installation and to have a pile diameter of up to 12 metres; and to restrict the number of monopole foundations used to install Sofia WTGs and offshore to a total of 200.
- The application documents are available for inspection on the National Infrastructure Planning Portal (Dogger Bank Teesside A and B Offshore Wind Farm page) here: https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/yorkshire-and-the-humber/dogger-bank-teesside-ab/?ipcsection=overview Click on the Documents tab and then click on Decided in the documents navigation area.
- The application documents can also be inspected at:
The latest date that these documents will be available for inspection is 26 July 2018.
- A free digital copy of the application can be obtained from the Applicant using the contact details provided above. Alternatively, a paper copy can be obtained from the Applicant for a charge of £10.
- Please send any representations about the application by email to the Planning Inspectorate at DBTeessideAB@pins.gsi.gov.uk or in writing to: Major Applications & Plans, The Planning Inspectorate, Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN. Please quote reference EN010051 on any correspondence. Please note that any representations received by the Planning Inspectorate in response to the consultation will be handled in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and published on the Planning Inspectorate’s Infrastructure Planning Portal (https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk) with all personal information removed.
- The deadline for receipt of representations is 26 July 2018.
Sofia Offshore Wind Farm Limited