First published in 1913, Fishing News, the UK’s market-leading commercial fishing newspaper, is looking for a new editor to lead the brand’s ongoing and future development. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for the right person to shape the editorial voice of the paper of record for the fishing community.
Roles and responsibilities
- Devise, implement and take forward the brand editorial strategy across print and online
- Be the face of Fishing News to the commercial fishing industry and the wider fishing community
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders across the industry
- In conjunction with the managing editor, co-ordinate the content for each issue, commissioning work from a diverse set of freelance contributors, and ensuring all content is edited and presented to a high standard, to deadline and within budget
- Working with the editorial, advertising and publishing teams, develop commercial opportunities across print and online
- Line management responsibility for the editorial team
- Excellent knowledge of the commercial fishing industry with comprehensive, broad, relevant industry contacts and relationships
- A successful proven track record in communication and writing skills
The role is based around working from home and would require some travel, as necessary. In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to know more about this role or would like to apply, please contact Steve Kendall at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 6 August.