FN features writers needed!
Fishing News – the voice of the UK and Irish commercial fishing industry since 1913 – is looking to recruit features writers to cover Scotland, the North East of England, and new boat launches in the northern half of the UK.
We are looking for people with commercial fishing experience and expertise who can research and write features about the current industry. Potential topics could include technical reviews of new and refitted boats, in-depth reports of fishing trips, analysis of issues affecting local fisheries and interviews with people in the industry.
Essential skills and qualities
- Wide-ranging knowledge of boats, gear and fishing methods
- Ability to convey information clearly in writing
- Ability to take good-quality high-resolution photos
- Own transport and willingness to travel
- Capability to go out on boats for hands-on fishing features
- Well-established contacts within the industry
These would be freelance positions. The time commitment would be flexible, and could be fitted around existing work commitments. Payment by negotiation.
We would also be interested in hearing from potential writers based in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
To discuss these opportunities, please contact Gaby Bartai at: email@example.com, giving a short outline of your experience in the industry.