Fishing News is looking to recruit new contributors based around the coast of the UK and Ireland.
We would be particularly interested in hearing from potential writers in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
We are looking for people with commercial fishing experience and expertise who can research and write news stories and features about the current industry – in-depth reports of fishing trips, technical reviews of new and refitted boats, analysis of issues affecting local fisheries and interviews with people in the industry.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of boats, gear and fishing methods
- Ability to convey information clearly in writing (although industry expertise is more important than a polished writing style)
- Ability to take good-quality high-resolution photos
- Own transport and willingness to travel
- Capability to go out on boats for hands-on fishing features
- Well-established contacts within the industry
These would be freelance positions. The time commitment would be flexible, and could be fitted around existing work commitments. Payment by negotiation.
To discuss these opportunities, please contact Andy Read and Gaby Bartai at: firstname.lastname@example.org, giving a short outline of your experience in the industry, or call Andy Read on: 07741 413966.