Seafish, the public body tasked with supporting the £10bn UK seafood industry, is seeking a Training Adviser. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual with knowledge and experience of training delivery and working at sea to join our Seafish team.
You’ll also be supporting the UK seafood sector to thrive as it continues to adapt to a challenging and ever-changing business environment.
Job Title: Training Adviser
Contract: Fixed Term for 2 years
Location: Grimsby, Edinburgh or home-based (All Seafish staff are currently working from home)
You will work as part of our team co-ordinating the development and delivery of training for workers in the UK fishing industry. Fishing is a dangerous job, so our work is vital to ensure that workers receive the best possible training to keep them safe.
The successful candidate will:
- work with others to develop/improve our training courses and learning materials
- undertake audits and observations of our approved training providers to ensure the quality of training provision
- provide advice and guidance to current and prospective workers on training opportunities
- have knowledge/experience of training delivery and the UK fishing (or other maritime) industry
- have excellent writing, IT and communication skills
Full description of the role can be found on Seafish’s website here.