SECTION 48 OF THE PLANNING ACT 2008
REGULATION 4 OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (APPLICATIONS: PRESCRIBED FORMS AND PROCEDURE) REGULATIONS 2009
NOTICE PUBLICISING A PROPOSED APPLICATION FOR A DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER
Notice is hereby given that ASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTS (“ABP”) of 25 BEDFORD STREET, LONDON, WC2E 9ES intends to make an application to the Secretary of State for Transport under section 37 of the Planning Act 2008 (“the 2008 Act”) for a Development Consent Order (“DCO”) to construct a new Roll-on/Roll-off (“Ro-Ro”) cargo facility of up to four berths at the Port of Immingham, North East Lincolnshire, DN40 2LZ. If constructed, the development, known as the IMMINGHAM EASTERN RO-RO TERMINAL DEVELOPMENT (“IERRT Development”), will be located within the administrative boundary of North East Lincolnshire Council.
The proposed IERRT Development consists of:
- An approach jetty from the shore
- A linkspan with bankseat
- Two floating pontoons appropriately secured in position
- Two separate finger piers to provide up to four berths, one either side thereby enabling the vessels to berth alongside with their stern ramps resting upon two floating pontoons
- A capital dredge of the new berth pocket
- Disposal of dredged material at sea if no beneficial alternative can be identified
- Demolition and removal of a number of existing commercial buildings within the site
- Improvement of the existing cargo storage areas, including resurfacing and provision of new pavements and associated infrastructure
- A terminal building and a small welfare building to provide appropriate facilities for terminal operational and administration staff, lorry drivers and passengers
- A small workshop, a UK Border Force building and a gatehouse may also be required
- An internal bridge within the site to cross over Robinson Road and the ABP managed transit sidings
- Related utilities, operational infrastructure and possible soft landscaping etc.
It is anticipated that the DCO application will be submitted in summer 2022.
The IERRT Development constitutes an Environmental Impact Assessment “EIA” development for the purposes of the Infrastructure Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017. ABP is, therefore, required to undertake an Environmental Impact Assessment and will be submitting an Environmental Statement as part of its application for a DCO.
A Preliminary Environmental Information Report (“PEIR”) has been prepared which considers the likely impact of the IERRT Development during both construction and operation. The PEIR and related consultation documents will be available to view and download online from 19 January 2022 at: www.abports.co.uk/immroro/consultation.
In accordance with the 2008 Act, ABP is running a formal consultation on the IERRT Development between 19 January 2022 and 23 February 2022.
ABP will be holding in-person consultation events:
If it is not possible to go ahead safely with the in-person consultation events, or due to national or local If it is not possible to go ahead safely with the in-person consultation events, or due to national or local restrictions ABP has to make changes to the arrangements, the changes will be posted on the consultation website at: www.abports.co.uk/immroro/consultation. Due to the rapidly changing public health situation changes may be made at very short notice.
ABP may also hold up to two online webinar sessions in February 2022, subject to demand. If you are interested in attending please register your interest by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on Freephone 0808 169 9912.
All of the consultation documents, plans and maps showing the nature and location of the proposed IERRT Development and a feedback questionnaire will be available to view and download free of charge from 19 January 2022 at: www.abports.co.uk/immroro/consultation. The documents will be available for inspection online until 23:59pm on 23 February 2022.
Printed copies of all the documents and consultation materials can be provided upon request by calling us on Freephone 0808 169 9912. There may be a reasonable copying charge for certain documents of up to £300. You can also contact us on that number if you have questions about the consultation documents, plans and maps, the consultation process, or to book a free of charge telephone surgery appointment to discuss the IERRT Development.
You can submit your views on the IERRT Development by:
- Completing the online feedback questionnaire at: www.abports.co.uk/immroro/consultation
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Writing to: Associated British Ports, Port of Immingham, Dock Office, Alexandra Road, Immingham Dock, Immingham, North East Lincolnshire, DN40 2LZ
(Quoting Reference: Immingham Eastern Ro-Ro Terminal)
- Calling Freephone 0808 169 9912: to request a hard copy feedback questionnaire and pre-paid stamped addressed envelope be sent to you in the post (free of charge) and returning it to us
All responses must be received by us in writing before 23:59pm on 23 February 2022. Responses received after that time may not be considered.
More information about the IERRT Development and the consultation can be found at: www.abports.co.uk/immroro/consultation.