THE MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009
AND THE MARINE WORKS (ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT) REGULATIONS 2007 (as amended)
APPLICATION FOR A MARINE LICENCE
Notice is hereby given that CEMEX UK Marine Ltd, Baltic Wharf, Marine Parade, Southampton, SO14 5JF, has applied to the Marine Management Organisation to undertake a regulated activity under Part 4 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009.
The application is for a marine licence to permit marine aggregate extraction and associated survey requirements within Area 522, located to the West of the Isle of Wight. The proposal for Area 522 is for a Marine Licence that would allow an extraction of up to 4,500,000 tonnes of aggregate over a 15 year period, with a maximum total single year extraction of 600,000 tonnes.
A copy of the application and environmental statement, or as the case may be, supplementary information is available for inspection during normal office hours for free at the Lord Louis Library (Isle of Wight; address: 44 Orchard St, Newport PO30 1LL), and the Lymington Library (Hampshire; address: North Close, Lymington SO41 9BW) for a period of 42 days from the date of the first notice (13 June 2019).
Copies of the environmental statement may also be inspected free of charge and by prior appointment at the offices of the Marine Management Organisation, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Copies of the environmental statement or environmental statement supplementary information may be viewed on line in the Public Register at www.gov.uk/check-marine-licence-register
Representations in respect of the application should ordinarily be made by:
- Visiting the MMO public register at https://marinelicensing.marinemanagement.org.uk/mmofox5/fox/live/MMO_PUBLIC_REGISTER/search?area=3 and accessing the ‘make a comment’ section of case reference MLA/2019/00150;
However, we will also accept representations via the following formats:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By letter addressed to Marine Management Organisation, Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YH
In all cases, correspondence must:
- Be received within 42 days of the date of the first notice (13 June 2019);
- Quote the case reference (MLA/2019/00150); and
- include an address to which correspondence relating to the representation or objection may be sent.
The Marine Management Organisation will pass to the applicant a copy of any objection or representation we receive.