Fishing News is looking to recruit a features writer to cover the south and west of the UK. The ideal candidate would be based in the southern half of England or Wales.
We are looking for someone with commercial fishing experience and expertise who can research and write features about the current industry, to include in-depth reports of fishing trips, technical reviews of new and refitted boats, analysis of issues affecting local fisheries and interviews with people in the industry.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of boats, gear and fishing methods
- Ability to convey information clearly in writing (although industry expertise is more important than a polished writing style)
- Ability to take good-quality high-resolution photos
- Own transport and willingness to travel
- Capability to go out on boats for hands-on fishing features
- Well-established contacts within the industry
This would be a freelance position. The time commitment would be flexible, and could be fitted around existing work commitments. Payment by negotiation.
We would also be interested in hearing from potential writers based in North West England, South West Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
To discuss these opportunities, please contact Gaby Bartai at: firstname.lastname@example.org, giving a short outline of your experience in the industry.