In this issue of Fishing News, our lead story is Tim Oliver’s report on DEFRA secretary George Eustice telling a Commons committee that DEFRA did fully understand the legal aspects of the EU ban on exports of live bivalve molluscs (LBMs) for purification on the Continent. Find the full story here.
Plus the latest news and features from the UK and Irish fishing industry, including:
- 20 live bivalve mollusc exporters threaten legal ‘class action’ move
- £6.1m industry support grant fund open for applications
- Consortium safely back to Peterhead after 14-hour alarm
- Dogger scallop fishing reopens – except in SAC
- Billy Read 1935-2021: Lifelong Norfolk fisherman and lifeboatman
- Beacons cut gear losses and plastic pollution
- IFSA snub by marine minister ‘an insult’
- FEATURE: Hessle Road Remembered
- Ramsgate: Kent’s royal harbour
- Plus our regulars and more!
For more news click here
To get all this and more, buy this week’s issue of Fishing News and have it delivered to your door for the same price as in the shops, click here.
Or to guarantee getting the news and prices earlier than the newsstands, why not subscribe? The latest issue of Fishing News will be delivered direct to your door, FREE every week, you’ll save on the shop price and you’ll never miss an issue! It couldn’t be simpler.
To subscribe to the print issue, click here.